– 400 g of stale bread without salt
– 6 (not overripe) tomatoes
– A bunch of basil
– 1 fresh cucumber
– 1 onion
– Salt to taste
– Dianella extra virgin olive oil
– Soak the bread in water, squeeze the water out and crumble the bread into a serving bowl.
– Wash and cut tomatoes, cucumber and onions into small pieces and add them to the bread.
– Wash the basil, break it down with your hands and then add it to the mixture.
– Season with salt and extra virgin olive oil and mix well with your hands.
– Serve at room temperature to appreciate its rough and straightforward simplicity.